- Reduce dependence on foreign oil
- Save money at the pump
- It is possible to gain fuel efficiency without sacrificing horsepower
- Domestic automakers will benefit
- Fuel efficiency does not have to reduce safety
- Lower production of carbon dioxide
Speaking of US fuel efficiency, this link shows that China has published fuel economy standards that put it in third place globally, behind Japan and Europe. The US is falling further and further behind in this area. There can be *no* benefit in being one of the most gas guzzling among the developed nations.